Thursday, April 29, 2021

Why Did I Become a YouTube reactor?

By: Jennifer Clark Wednesday, April 27th 2021
I never intended to become a reactor on YouTube. I had been an avid fan of reaction videos for over a year, when I had the idea to react to a cover of Queen's "Bohemeian Rhapsody", after watching every possible reaction to other's who had never seen or heard of this iconic song from the legendary band that created it. I would scroll through, looking for a new BR reaction to the OG version and the well was beginning to run dry! So, instead of watching someone cover this one of a kind song, I thought, why not? I sifted throough all the covers, Mark Martel, Pentatonix, and so many more, and this one name, just kept popping up. Angelina Jordan... Already having my mind made up that no one could ever top the Queen's version, (I couldn't even comprehend, WHY, someone would try to "copy" the most Iconic song in the world) that it would probably be very disappointing to whomever watched my reaction, because it would NEVER be as good. So, I watched a few Youtube tutorials on how to create a reaction video, downloaded the necessary software, watched more tutorials and before you know it, I was ready to shoot. I searached for the video of Angelina Jordan's AGT performance of BR, and set my webcam to record...What happened next was nothing short of a miracle! I was so nervous and had no plans for what I was going to say. I just started talking...I introduced myself, talked a little about how I got to this point and once I clicked on the play icon on the video, the rest was history! Not only was I in utter shock from what I was witnessing, what I was hearing...nothing computed! I couldn't wrap my head around what was coming out of this young lady's mouth! No- It wasn't Queen. Far from it...What it was, was something that I couldn't find the words for- and it showed! At least to me, upon playback. Somehow I was able to string enough sentences together to form a semi-good video. However, I couldn't take all the credit. This Amazing young girl somehow created something so wonderful, so appealing that it worked! She had this voice that just consumed me. It was her take on this untouchable song that created the beginnings of what would be my newest gulity pleasure...Reacting! Since that day (about 6 weeks ago, at this writing) I have reacted to over 30 songs. I have loved and been shocked and awed with each and every one of them! But that's not the best part. Within minutes the comment section started filling up with raves and "thank you's" along with suggestions for more songs to react to. It was the most incredible thing I never imagined! The fans, You! You made this the dream I didn't know I had finally realized! The fandom of Angelina Jordan, Dimash, The Warning, Susanne Sundfor, Rush, Bee Gees, and so many more have made me a successful YouTube reactor, meeting the YouTube Partner program's requirements for monetization of 1,000 Subscribers & 4,000 watch hours possible in a matter of weeks, and it tripled within 24 hours after that! (I expected it to take me 1 year- that was my goal) That was YOU! The fans are what keep reactors doing what they do! Without you, why bother? Reacting, is the conduit for interaction between the reactor and the fans, THAT is the key element, the main reason. I thought it would be one thing, and it turned out to be something so much greater, richer and far more fulfilling that I could have ever thought possible! So, Thank you. Not for making me special, or to boost my ego, or even to make money (Not that that's a bad thing) but for offering me your most precious commodity...your time. I appreciate your faith in me, and I will do my best to continue to bring you the music you want to hear, and an honest, humble and flawed opinion. You are WHY, I BECAME A YOUTUBE REACTOR! 
 With a grateful heart, Jennifer Clark 

4 comments:

  1. Well written story. I have thought about creating a youtube channel and doing reactions. You explained your points in a very concise and very honest way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love writing- it's almost as fun as reacting to Music!!

      Delete